Good Sales Found By The Black Friday Shopper?
November 23rd 2007
Today my husband and I went out to admire the crazy black Friday shoppers. To our surprise the crowds had seemed to have simmered down a lot compared to the last few years! However the sales or “door busters” that most of the stores offered today weren’t as great as they have been in the past, so that may have had a lot to do with the “simmering”. I did find that some of the local shopping malls offered gift bags to the first 50 or 100 or so customers with gift cards to that specific mall, special coupons, and other random prizes inside, while others just opened extra early and offered nothing. Another thing I had noticed is that everyone was breezing by the 20%-40% off sales as they beelined right for the 50% off racks, they didn’t even give the other racks a look. A Few really great, get up super early to fight traffic, and run around like a crazy person “sale worthy” sales I did find were:
- Aeropostale IS STILL offering 50% off EVERYTHING in the store until close on Sunday 11/25! That was in turn, the most busiest store at the local mall, and that is one darn good way to move inventory I must say.
- Jimmy’Z was offering 50% off the entire store until noon, and 30% off the entire store 11/21-11/25.
- Guess was offering an extra 70% off already reduced clearance.
- Yankee candle was having a buy two get one free on all gift sets.
- Macy’s put coupons in the papers for additional 30% off and $10.00 off a $25.00 or more purchase good for today and tomorrow 11/24 .
Good deals were hard to come by compared to most recent years. Even with the stores opening EXTRA early, I do not think it really helped sales a whole lot. So check stores regularly for upcoming sales as stores will try to make up for lost profits TODAY.