Best Tools & Exercises That Get Rid Of Cellulite
March 27th 2008
As good as it sounds there are no “easy” ways to get rid of cellulite, no magic creams or lotions and certainly no magic pills. If there were “easy” ways to rid cellulite then no one in their right mind would have it… am I right? So here I have scouted out the best tools and exercises to get rid of your cellulite! *This will be a 3 part post, so be sure to visit everyday for the next 3 days to know the best tools and exercises that get rid of cellulite
First off, obviously diet plays a big part in ridding your body of cellulite. It is important to keep it low fat and drink lots of water to keep your cells from dehydrating, as cell build up is one of the main culprits of cellulite.
Exercise is the main ingredient to ridding cellulite. Though there are is no such thing as “spot reduction”, there are many exercises that can help you tighten and tone the problem areas that in turn reduce the appearance of cellulite.
Start incorporating Cardio/Aerobic exercise into your daily life.
- Cardio Workout. This the best thing for metabolizing the fat in localized areas and converting it into muscle tissue. Cardio can be done on an elliptical trainer, spinning bike, treadmill, a track, your stairs at home, or walking up hills. When doing cardio, start by walking for 3 minutes then try jogging for 3 minutes and alternate until you have done 15-30 minutes.
- Circuit Training. This is another WONDERFUL fat burner and again the best thing for metabolizing fat. Basically you alternate between cardio (jumping jacks, running in place, jumping rope, ect) and strength training all done very quickly. Example: start with 1 minute of squats, then jumping jacks for 3 minutes, then pushups for 2 minutes, and then cardio kicks for 5 minutes.
- Swimming. Swimming is another great cardio and all over body workout! This works all your muscles especially the backs of your thighs!
- You want to build and strengthen muscles under the areas of cellulite. For instance, most women get cellulite on their butt and thighs so it turn you would want to do exercises that target the butt and thigh region. Here are some to start with:
Examples of body weight exercises that rid cellulite are:
- Lunges: Stand with feet shoulder width apart holding a dumbbell in each hand. Begin by taking a big step forward while lowing your body. Bring leg back to starting position and repeat with opposite leg. Keep your back straight and abs tight during this exercise.
- Reverse Lunge: Stand with feet shoulder width apart and holding a dumbbell in each hand. Begin by stepping one of your feet far back behind you (like your walking backwards). Bring that leg back to the starting position and repeat with your opposite leg. Be sure to keep your back straight and abs tight during this exercise.
- “Plie” Squats: holding a dumbbell with both hands (you can do this without a dumbbell to start), let it hang down in between your legs in front of you. Keeping your back straight, execute a deep squat (not letting your knees go over or past your toes) and really focus on squeezing your butt on the way up. Return to the start position and repeat.
- Leg Kickbacks: get down on your hands and knees, keeping your back straight and legs bent at 90 degree angles. Tighten your abs as you lift one leg behind you (leg still bent at 90 degrees) as if you were going to touch the ceiling with your foot, squeezing your butt tight. Hold for a 3 count and lower, repeat with opposite leg.
- Leg and butt squeeze. Start by kneeling on the floor. Lean forward till your elbows forearms and hands are on the floor. Keep your back straight and abs tight. Lift one legs up behind you until it forms a straight line with your back, this will be your “starting” position. Now slowly lift it a little bit higher squeezing your butt and leg tight. Bring it back to “starting” position and pulse up (hinging 6-8 inches in small fast bursts) 20 times, lower to ground and repeat with opposite leg.
- Side Kicks On The Floor. Get on your hands and knees (legs bent behind you at 90 degrees), keeping your back straight and abs tight. With your right leg still bent at 90 degrees, lift leg out to your right side (hinging at your hip) and kick your foot (with toe pointed) so your leg is almost straight out. To return bring your leg back in, but still raised, to 90 degrees and lower back to start position and repeat.
Tomorrow I will be posting part 2 of the best tools and exercises that get rid of cellulite exercises with weights and machines and then the best tool segment to follow. I hope you enjoyed part 1 of this 3 part post. As always the keywords in blue/purple will send you to that item for purchasing or better descriptions and if you have any questions please leave me a comment and I will be sure to get back to you